Saturday, April 14, 2012

Project Done



I bought a table off of KSL over a year ago. With the intentions to refinish it. Every time I thought about doing it I got lazy. It is a large table that can seat 10, having four inserts and two drop sides. I finally got the nerve to get it done.


It took a few days to give it a good sanding. I chose a butter cream Martha Stewart white paint to paint it. I am saying "I" alot but I need to say Frank. Frank painted the table with his air gun. It took a good three coats of primer and three coats of paint and three coats of clear acrylic. I went ahead and did the kitchen chairs too match. I really love how it looks. It has given this table and new life.



Peanut needed a new dresser. I have had this dresser in the kitchen using it as a buffet. It was my Great Grandma dresser. I didn't take a picture of it before I started but it was a blonde would stain. So this dresser received the same treatment as the table with the sanding and the painting.



It can hold lots for this little girl. I like the soft white cream paint very feminine and matches the room wonderfully. We started these two projects and ended these two project in just over two weeks. I knew once I started I had to finish...one being I wanted my garage back and two being we were trying to beat the cold weather. The paint works so much better in the warm weather. Frank has a good hand when it comes to painting with his air gun. Everything has a nice smooth even finish.
Love my new old Furniture.

No comments: