Monday, April 4, 2011

A Pocket for a Present


Little Monsters that are so kind...


They hold items safe and sound...


Each one a little different...


I made these little monster pockets to hold
#1 a smart phone
#2 a IPOD (classic)
#3 a IPOD (shuffle - 1st generation)

I don't have a pattern for these little pockets. I do have the measurements for the items and I just go from there. I like making the monsters the best. For my little niece I did do flowers -- a little more girl... I always keep a drawer of scraps of fabric I save all sizes of scraps. You need just small pieces of fabric to make these little guys. I use stitch wonder, iron bond, stitch witchery (there are multiple types of iron on bonding) to fix the monster to the base fabric. This way I can stitch around the little monsters without them shifting. In the past I have used Velcro or a zipper to close the top, but this time I tried a snap. Velcro works good, a zipper requires more work, so I thought we would see how a snap works out. The little pockets are lined with fabric and batting in between to give it some padding. These make a fun gift and are pretty fun to make...

No comments: