Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Christmas Came and Went -- Part 3

Festival of Trees -- Christmas 2011

I donated a Christmas Tree this year to Festival of Trees. This was my 4th year doing them.



Each year I donate and dedicate them in Maebelle's name.


This years tree was titled " A Very Monkey Christmas"
I made four monkeys for the tree and used traditional Christmas Colors. I was very pleased how the tree turned out and more pleased that it sold.

I often have mixed feeling on doing a tree in Mae's name. I sometime think people who have lost children worry their child will be forgotten, I watch them plan events and face book endless and I often wonder if they are finding ways each year to make sure they are remembered. I have come to realize people do forget, people continue to move forward in their t
life and endvors. Although I am moving forward most important to me is I will never forget. I don't make a large event in Mae's name each year. I don't speak of Mae at any chance. I share my story in small pieces and only once in awhile. I never want to belittle her special story. I do not want her death to define me. I don't want people to see me and think "she had a stillbirth".

I do find it special that I am able to help contribute to Primary Children by donating a tree, and I do think I will donate each year. When Christmas comes each year,  it is hard to decide where to donate and what charity to help. We often do not have lots to helps others with so this little tree makes me feel like I am hopefully helping.

2 comments:

Katie said...

If I bumped into you at the store or on the street, maybe some of your talent would rub off on me. I'm going to try that the next time I see you!

Carrie said...

I just love to search out and find your little tree every year. My children know you do it every year and we all look for it before we leave! super cute!