Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Christmas Came and Went -- Part 1


I spent a good part of the October and November working on various projects. I know I have mentioned this is the past but I still find it amazing how much time as a mom is spent in waiting. Waiting for dance lessons, scouts, school, bike track. While waiting I tend to spend my time crocheting. (I do plan on learning to knit this next year). I like making hats they are easy, simple and require not much thought. I have the pattern memorized so I can just sit and crochet without pattern checking or counting. Baby hats also require little yarn and flowers can be made out of left over scraps.



This was a new hat for a little boy. I really enjoyed this pattern and this yarn was a natural fiber in blue. It slide through my hook like butter. I loved using this yarn and wish I had more, I don't even remember where I bought it. I tend to buy yarn and save it until I have a project for it.


I tried Headbands for the first time this winter. I really enjoyed these. I made a handful of them but when it came time for the girls to wear them. I had given them all way as gifts, we ended up with none of them.  I will be working on them again for the girls this winter.


Peanut with one on!



I made coat pins for some friends this Christmas. I used my sister's vintage Type Set Blocks. They worked great. I used a baking clay to set the pins. I made myself one and lost it. I don't know what happened to it.




These little sippers were for a friends new baby girl along with the hat below. I used a baby weight yarn in soft pink. The slippers worked fast about an hour for each. I just loved how they turned out, and I love the Large Red Rose on the hat below. I am thinking Peanut will be getting a set next Christmas.



Beau and I worked on weaving hot pads again this year. Beau was pretty good and getting these done and only needed help on the last few rows and weaving the ends in. We gave these to a few neighborhood friends along with a cake mix.

I don't know if people really like recieving homemade christmas gifts but I really do enjoy making them. I love finding new ideas to use each year and I love wrapping them and delivering them also.

No comments: